The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise, advertisements, educational materials and other visual collateral.
Following are the official contest rules:
- To be eligible, each entrant must be a currently registered undergraduate, graduate, or professional school student (individuals or teams of up to two students) who attend any of NSHE’s eight institutions.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images. By entering the competition, entrant agrees that the submission is his/her own work.
- By submitting the Entry Form each entrant warrants that s/he understands, acknowledges and agrees that upon submission all entries become the sole property of NSHE.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the Board of Regents of the Nevada System of Higher Education without further notice or compensation.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further notice, permission or compensation.
- NSHE reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the organization.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
- The logo design must not include offensive language, imagery or themes.
- Maximum of one entry per person/team.
- NSHE reserves the right to reject any submission not meeting these criteria.
How to Enter
To enter the NSHE Logo Design Contest, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form.
- Create a logo design in .jpeg, .psd or PDF formats (if you are chosen as a winner, you must be able to provide a high-resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- Use colors blue (PMS 534) as primary; green (PMS 7495) as secondary.
- Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design no later than Thursday, February 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Selection Committee appointed by Chancellor Thom Reilly will review logo submissions based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality –Does the logo display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
No more than three finalists will be forwarded to the Board of Regents to select a winning entry.
The winner will receive a $2,000 award. If the winning design is produced by a team of no more than two students, NSHE will award one prize of $2,000 (divided equally among the team).
The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.