Dr. Patrick R. Carter
Dr. Patrick R. Carter was elected from District 6 to the Board in 2016.
He currently serves as chair of the Audit, Compliance and Title IX Committee. He is also a member of the Investment Committee; Security Committee; Workforce Committee; ad hoc Committee to Review the Roles and Responsibilities of the Chancellor; and ad hoc Strategic Planning Committee.
He previously served as vice chair of the Board (2021-2022).
Regent Carter earned his Doctorate in Business Administration at Argosy University where he also completed Doctoral Studies in Higher and Postsecondary Education. He holds a master’s degree from Florida State University in Integrated Marketing and Management Communication and a Bachelor’s degree from Southeast Missouri State University in Mass Communication with a minor in Computer Networking. In 2021, he also completed a certificate in Cyber Education from Louisiana Tech University.
Regent Carter has taught college classes for many years. He also served as Program Chair for five years at an arts college. He currently teaches Middle School and High School classes in Communication and Computer Science including Cybersecurity CTE classes.
Recent NSHE News
- Higher Education’s Mission Remains Unchanged and Just as Important as Ever
- TMCC’s Estela Gutierrez Receives IDEA Recognition
- NSHE Board of Regents Re-Elects McAdoo as Chair and Elects Carvalho as Vice Chair
- Board of Regents Appoints Dale Erquiaga NSHE Acting Chancellor
- Research Investment Continues at UNLV and UNR