Dr. Patrick R. Carter
Regent Patrick R. Carter is proud to serve on the Board of Regents of the Nevada System of Higher Education. He currently serves as vice chair of the Academic, Research and Student Affairs Committee. He is also a member of the Athletics Committee, Audit and Compliance Committee and Cultural Diversity and Title IX Compliance Committee.
Regent Carter studied communication at Southeast Missouri State University. After completing his bachelor’s degree, he earned a master’s degree from Florida State University. While at FSU, Regent Carter co-taught an undergraduate media production class. When a job relocated him back to Missouri, he reconnected with his former college professors who encouraged him to teach a class. His first teaching assignment was at a remote education center intended for high school students to earn college credit. Since then, Regent Carter has taught as an adjunct faculty member online, as well as on campus for several different institutions. He has worked for approximately four years as a full-time faculty member and, for the last several years, has worked as a Program Chair at a private college.
Regent Carter has obtained his Doctorate in Business Administration and has completed Doctoral Studies in Higher and Postsecondary Education. He has also written a book on aiding incoming college students on how to be successful in higher education.
Regent Carter has lived in Nevada since 2007. He is married to an elementary school teacher, and he and his wife have two twin boys.
- Argosy University, 2014
Doctoral Studies in Higher and Postsecondary Education
- Argosy University, 2013
Doctorate in Business Administration
Dissertation “Consumer Response to Instrumental and Website Messages”
- The Florida State University, Tallahassee, 2004
M.S. in Communication: Integrated Marketing and Management Communication
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, 2002
B.S. in Mass Communication: Video Production
Minors: Computer Networking and Technical Graphics
- Chair-Media, The Art Institute of Las Vegas, 2012 to present
- Instructor/Lead Instructor, The Art Institute of Las Vegas, 2008-2012
- Patrick Carter Productions, 2007-2012
- Vice President and Creative Director, Creative Edge, 2004-2007
- Live Event Producer, Seminole Productions, 2002-2004
- Adjunct Instruction
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2010-2012
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online, 2009-2012
Southeast Missouri State University, 2005-2009
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Broadcast Education Association Student Documentary Judge, 2017
- Broadcast Education Association Faculty Documentary Judge, 2017
- Broadcast Education Association Student Documentary Judge, 2016
- Broadcast Education Association Student Media Festival Judge, 2015
- Broadcast Education Association Documentary Judge, 2014
- ACM SIGGRAPH Member, 2010-2013
- Broadcast Education Association Member
Honors and Awards
- Southeast Missouri State University Foundation Leadership Award, 1997
- Carter, P. R. (2016). Success In College: An Orientation Guide for College Students. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Carter, P. R. (2013). Consumer Response to Instrumental and Symbolic Website Texts. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Argosy University, Phoenix, AZ.
- Carter, P. R. (2004). News Bias. (Unpublished master’s thesis). The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL.