Carol Del Carlo
Regent Carol Del Carlo was elected to serve on the Board of Regents in November 2016, and was retained in the 2018 general election as the representative for District 9.
She currently serves as vice chair of the Board.
Regent Del Carlo previously served as chair of the Community College Committee and vice chair of the Business, Finance and Facilities Committee. She was also a member of the Audit, Compliance and Title IX Committee; Investment Committee; and Security Committee.
Regent Del Carlo is a native Nevadan, born and raised in Reno, whose paternal Italian immigrant ancestors settled the Truckee Meadows in 1907. On her maternal side, her Hispanic heritage traces back to an original land grant family in San Diego County. She attended Vaughn Middle School, Bishop Manogue Catholic High School and graduated from Wooster High School. Her parents were not afforded the opportunity for higher education but instilled in their daughter a great desire to pursue an education. Her intent to finish in four years was quickly interrupted when she met her future husband, native Nevadan George Del Carlo of Virginia City, at her first UNR home football game in her freshman year. She changed from a bachelor’s degree program to an associate’s program, married in 1972, and followed George (UNR ROTC) for the next 22 years during his military career. She continued to pursue her education while working full time and finished her bachelor’s degree in 1981.
Regent Del Carlo was hired by General Motors Warehousing and Distribution Division in 1981 and began her 21-year corporate career. Once again while working full time, she attended evening classes and finished her master’s degree in 1987. From 1972 until their return to Nevada in 1995, Regent Del Carlo moved 16 times including residences in Ft. Knox, KY; Mannheim, Germany; Bamberg, Germany; Flint, MI; Colorado Springs, CO; Atlanta, GA; Ft. Hood, TX; and San Diego, CA.
Since her return to Nevada, Regent Del Carlo has been actively involved in volunteering in politics and various non-profit organizations while working from her home office.
She brings a love of people, politics, Nevada and the desire to serve students to the Board of Regents.
- Chapman College, Orange, CA, 1987
Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management
Emphasis in Organizational Development
- University of Maryland, Overseas Division (Germany), 1981
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Minor in Business Education
Magna Cum Laude
- University of Nevada, Reno, 1972
Associate of Arts in Fashion Trades
- Regional Consultant/Account Consultant, 2001-2016
NXGEN Payment Services – Reno, NV contracted with Sierra Pacific Federal Credit Union, past contracts with Nevada Security Bank (Umpqua Bank) and First Independent Bank of Nevada
- Assistant to the President, Club Fortune Casino, Henderson, NV, 2013-2014
- General Motors Service Parts Operations (GMSPO)/GM Warehousing and Distribution Division (GMWDD), 1981-2002
- General Office Supervisor – Reno, NV, 1996-2002
- Metro District Sales Manager – San Diego, CA, 1994-1996
- District Sales Manager – Dallas, TX, 1992-1994
- Sr. Labor Relations Representative – Atlanta, GA, 1990-1992
- General Supervisor – Atlanta, GA, 1986-1990
- Supervisor – Denver, CO – 1984-1986
- Policies, Procedures and Systems Administration Writer – Flint, MI, 1983-1984
- Supervisor – Reno, NV, 1982-1983
- Management Trainee – Reno, NV, 1981-1982
- Teacher’s Assistant, Temple University/Big Bend Community College, 1977-1980
U.S. Army Basic Skills Education Program – Bamberg, Germany
- Payroll Clerk, U.S. Army Civilian Pay Office – Heidelberg, Germany, 1974-1976
- Department Manager, Sears Roebuck & Co. – Reno, NV, 1972-1973
- Management Trainee, Sears – Reno, NV, 1972
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- State of Nevada Substance Abuse Working Group, July 2017-July 2019
- Association of Community College Trustees, NSHE Representative, July 2017-present
- Nevada Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, 2014-present
- Member and 2017-2018 President, American Association of University Women (AAUW), Tahoe Nevada Affiliate, 2014-present
- Cochairman, Combined Service Appeal (CSA), 2012-2014
- Member, Women’s Club of North Tahoe (WCNT), 2011-2019 (Disbanded)
- Property Owner Member, Wells Avenue Merchants and Property Owner’s Association, 2010-present
- Member, Nevada Republican Party Central Committee, 2007-2017
- Member, Washoe County Central Committee, 2007-2017
- Secretary, Nevada Republican Party, 2007-2011
- Alternate Delegate, Republican National Convention, 2016 and 2012
- Delegate, Republican National Convention, 2008
- Team Captain and Fundraiser-Incline Village, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, 2009 and 2007
- Member and Fundraiser-Incline Village, CYMBAL, 2002-2005
- Donor Chair (2005), Board Member and Show Participant, Star Follies; Raised $90,000 for Incline Village Schools, 2004-2005
- Booster and Lifetime Member, University of Nevada, Reno Alumni Association, 2001-present
- Classroom Volunteer and Fundraiser, Junior Achievement; Top fundraiser four years in a row, 1990, 1995-2001
- Army Officer’s Spouse-Led, organized and coordinated a variety of services and family support groups during peacetime and wartime, 1973-1995
- Member, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 1996-present
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Armor Association – Awarded the “Order of St. George” for compassion and care of soldiers’ families