Charges: The Security Committee shall:
- Study issues and policies to maintain a secure environment where students, faculty, staff and visitors may safely live, learn and work.
- Review policies, procedures and best practices concerning campus safety, homeland security and cybersecurity issues.
- Monitor campus safety issues and receive quarterly updates from all institutions on campus crime statistics.
- Ensure institutions develop and periodically update emergency response plans.
- Make policy recommendations to the Board intended to provide a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and the public at all campuses and offices of the Nevada System of Higher Education.