Charges: The Cultural Diversity Committee shall:
- Study issues and recommend policies to the Board in an effort to promote cultural and ethnic diversity including, but not limited to, socio-economic, historical, cultural, capability, identity, gender, expression, linguistic and intellectual differences and similarities, throughout the System in order to ensure access and equity for all students, staff and faculty.
- Review and examine issues, information and activities that promote diversity among the students, staff and faculty of the System.
- Examine information and indicators of student access and equity.
- Make recommendations to the Board intended to create, enhance, promote and support an educational environment that welcomes all cultural and ethnic minorities.
- Take actions appropriate to increase awareness, visibility and emphasis of campus diversity programs.
Diversity Reports: Annual overview of the current status of enrollment and employment of members of diverse groups across the NSHE.
NSHE Institutional Diversity Reports: Various diversity-related reports submitted to the Cultural Diversity Committee from 2008 to the present.