Charges: The Athletics Committee shall:
- Study the athletic programs of the two universities and make recommendations to the Board regarding at what level each university is able to compete without additional state, student and university subsidies.
- Recommend to the Board a mission statement for intercollegiate athletics in Nevada.
- Evaluate the mission of intercollegiate athletics at the community colleges and analyze conference affiliations and make recommendations to the Board.
- Conduct an initial review of the annual reports submitted in accordance with NSHE Handbook Title 4, Chapter 24.
- Review the athletics Capital Improvement Plans and financing criteria for development and renovation of athletic facilities and make recommendations to the Board.
- Review the athletic department budgets included in the annual reports which must include budgeted to actual in current year, previous two years and projections for the upcoming four years, and make recommendations to the Board.
- Review the structure and terms of athletics personnel contracts and recommend contract templates and guidelines to the Board.
- Review NSHE Handbook Title 4, Chapter 24 and recommend changes to the Board, as necessary.