With the recent reduction of state supported funding to NSHE institutions, it is necessary to evaluate and prioritize institutions and programs. As the Committee functions, it will remain cognizant of the five NSHE strategic goals: Access, Success, Closing the Achievement Gap, Workforce, and Research. The Committee will be innovative and focus on the future of Nevada and the long-term goals of NSHE. The Committee will search for improved efficiency of services and institutions.
The Committee will consider the input and recommendations of key student, faculty, staff, and community stakeholders, including those of the Ad Hoc Advisory Committee, and any strategies that generate additional revenue or reduce expenditures and may include the following areas:
- Examine and search for potential efficiencies in computing IT services, on-line education, shared services, purchasing, and system business services;
- Consider possible mergers, consolidations, and/or or closures;
- Consider elimination of certain programs at any of the NSHE institutions;
- Review current real estate holdings for possible lease/sale opportunities; and
- Review employee compensation.