The chart shows a graphical representation of a timeline for NSHE’s Corequisite Mathematics and English Reform.
NSHE Board of Regents adopt the Corequisite and College-Ready Gateway Policy, eliminating traditional models of remediation and mandating corequisite support for all degree-seeking students. Full scale implementation required by Fall 2021.
NSHE Corequisite Implementation Task Force convenes, developing new models of mathematics and English pathways, reforming traditional models of curriculum. Scaling of existing corequisite support courses, and new pilot programs developed.
All degree-seeking students are required to be enrolled into their gateway mathematics and English courses, with or without corequisite support, as needed. Adjunct faculty credentialing and training needs met, and full scale implementation occurs.
Systemwide assessment evaluates early success metrics of policy implementation including gateway course completion, subsequent course completion, and retention. When available, long-term success indicators evaluated.
Recent NSHE News
- Chancellor Rose Issues Letter on NSHE COVID-19 Employee Vaccine Requirement
- Passing of Former U.S. Congressman and Nevada Regent Jim Bilbray
- NSHE Employee Vaccine Rate Grows to 75 percent
- NSHE Board of Regents Receives Institutional Metrics for WNC
- Board of Regents Appoints Sexual Misconduct Task Force Members