Ensuring the Health of the Public Higher Education Community
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) and the Board of Regents continue to work collaboratively with local, county, state, and federal authorities to ensure that all NSHE students, faculty, employees, and visitors of any of NSHE’s eight institutions receive the best available information and practices regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure the health of the entire public higher education community.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of Nevada have set up informational websites that can help answer frequently asked questions, such as what are the symptoms, prevention, and treatment.
NSHE Chancellor Rose is in daily communications with the Presidents of NSHE’s institutions and NSHE’s Internal Advisory COVID-19 Response Team is coordinating and collaborating on systemwide communications and strategies in NSHE’s continuing effort to prevent the spread of the virus and create a transparent and safe educational experience for Nevada’s public higher education community.
NSHE understands and shares the concerns of its students, faculty, staff and institutions’ communities regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and wellbeing of Nevada’s public higher education community continues to be our utmost priority in the midst of this dynamic and evolving situation.
This page will be updated with the most recent information on NSHE communications related to COVID-19.
Related Posts and Pages
- NSHE Chancellor Issues Guidance for Resuming CTE Lab Courses – May 14, 2020
- NSHE Chancellor’s Statement on Reopening in the Summer and Fall Semesters – May 4, 2020
- NSHE Issues Guiding Document on Cyber Security – April 28, 2020
- NSHE Chancellor Issues Memorandum on COVID-19 – March 25, 2020
- NSHE Chancellor Issues Memorandum on COVID-19 – March 19, 2020
- NSHE Chancellor Issues Updated Guiding Document on COVID-19- March 17, 2020