he following items require Academic Affairs Council approval. Certain items must also be approved by the Board of Regents. The forms necessary for changes or eliminations to existing programs can be found on the bottom of this screen.
Items Requiring Academic Affairs Council Approval Only
- Name change to a degree, major or primary field of study that is cosmetic in nature and does not result in a change in curriculum
- Reactivation of a previously approved degree, major, or primary field of study that was placed on hold (or deactivated) by the institution for less than five years since the deactivation was approved by the Board. The institution must provide appropriate written notice to the Board indicating the reactivation of the program. A deactivated program will be considered formally eliminated after five years.
Items Requiring Board of Regents Approval – The following items must be approved by the Academic Affairs Council prior to being presented to the Board for approval:
- Name change to a degree, major or primary field of study accompanied by a significant change in curriculum
- Deletion of any degree, major, or primary field of study
- Deactivation of a previously approved degree, major or primary field of study that an institution wishes to place on hold