NSHE Planning Reports
Since 1967, the Nevada State Legislature has mandated higher education institutions compile a comprehensive report on program plans. Therefore, the NSHE Planning Report is prepared in accordance to state law requiring the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) to prepare a biennial report for submission to the Nevada State Legislature that outlines a plan for new programs and expansions of existing programs of instruction, public service and research. Specifically, Nevada Revised Statutes 396.505 provides the following:
1. The Board of Regents shall prepare a comprehensive plan for the next 4 years which explains:
- Any anticipated new programs and expansions of existing programs of instruction, public service or research, itemized by year and by purpose;
- The anticipated cost of each new or expanded program described under paragraph (a);
- The amount and source of any money anticipated to be available, from sources other than legislative appropriation, to meet each item of anticipated cost listed pursuant to paragraph (b); and
- Any further information concerning its comprehensive planning which the Board of Regents may deem appropriate.
2. The Board of Regents shall biennially bring the plan up to date for the ensuing 4 years, and shall present the revised plan to the Legislature not later than February 1 of each odd-numbered year.
To that end this report highlights the strategic objectives for the next four years for each NSHE institution, including foreseeable plans in new academic programs and new student services. In addition, the report provides information related to the goals of the System’s Master Plan. This plan, Building Nevada’s Future: A Master Plan for Higher Education in Nevada, is meant to define the goals and set an agenda for higher education in the State of Nevada.
Should you have further questions, please contact Crystal Abba, vice chancellor for academic & student affairs, at Crystal_Abba@nshe.nevada.edu.
path: Planning Reports