The deadline for high school seniors to apply for the Nevada Promise Scholarship is fast approaching. The application deadline is October 31.
The scholarship, in its second year, will pay all mandatory tuition and fees for up to three years at any Nevada community college minus any federal or state financial aid. In addition to the financial benefits, students in the program are also assigned a mentor who can help guide them through college, are required to perform community service each year, and benefit from programming and assistance to make their transition into college successful.
This year’s high school seniors and students who received the scholarship last year are eligible to apply.
Eligibility requirements include:
- apply on or before October 31
- enroll in at least 12 credits per semester
- have received a high school diploma or equivalent
- begin classes in the fall of 2019
- complete a federal financial aid application and its verification
- complete at least 20 hours of community service
- work with a mentor during the program
- complete two trainings, which are available online
- not be in default on any federal student loan or owe a refund to any federal student aid program
- not have earned a prior college degree