The Nevada Board of Regents is now seeking nominations and applications for the next chancellor of the Nevada System of Higher Education. Recruitment advertisements and a Leadership Profile were released today. The Board is being assisted by AGB Search.
“We are looking for a strong and experienced higher education leader through this national search process.”
“We are looking for a strong and experienced higher education leader through this national search process,” said Kevin J. Page, chairman of the ad hoc Chancellor Search Committee.
AGB Search is accepting nominations and applications through March 1, 2017. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Nominations and applications should be sent electronically (MS Word or PDF format) to email@example.com.
The application should include a letter of interest specifically addressing the applicant’s background in relationship to qualifications described (not more than three pages); a current résumé; and the names of five professional references with each person’s position, office or home address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers.
Finalists will be selected in April and interviewed by the ad hoc Chancellor Search Committee. The committee will forward its recommendation for consideration by the full Board of Regents at a special meeting. The targeted start date for the new chancellor is July 1.
Updates on the search process can be found at http://www.nevada.edu/nshechancellor/
Members of the Regents search committee are:
- Kevin Page, Chair
- Jason Geddes
- Trevor Hayes
- Sam Lieberman
- Allison Stephens
Advisory members include:
- Paul Bible (former Chair, UNR and TMCC Foundations)
- Dr. Constance Brooks (Vice Chancellor for Government & Community Affairs, NSHE)
- Desiree DeCosta (Chair of the Nevada Student Alliance)
- Ken Evans (President, Urban Chamber of Commerce – Las Vegas)
- Tom Gallagher (Trustee, UNLV Foundation)
- Peter Guzman (President, Latin Chamber of Commerce)
- Steve Hill (Executive Director, Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development)
- Marc Johnson (President – UNR)
- Matt McCarty (Member, Elko Chamber of Commerce & GBC IAC)
- Kristin McMillan (President & CEO, LV Metro Chamber of Commerce)
- Camille Naaktgboren (past CSN Faculty Senate Chair)
- Alok Pandey (Chair of the Faculty Senate Chairs)
- Ngai Pindell (Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, UNLV)
- Vic Redding (Vice Chancellor for Finance, NSHE)
- Mike Richards (President, CSN)
About the Nevada System of Higher Education
The Nevada System of Higher Education — comprised of two doctoral-granting universities, a state college, four comprehensive community colleges and one environmental research institute — serves the educational and job training needs of Nevada. NSHE provides educational opportunities to more than 107,400 students and is governed by the Nevada Board of Regents.
John Kuhlman, (702) 889-8426